Pokemon Go Reboot

Okay so there hasn't actually been a reboot of Pokemon Go (unless you count the addition of raids) but it kind of is for me and my other half.
Don't get me wrong when the game was first introduced and there was a massive amount of hype, of course I joined in. I was texting Dale like 'I caught this' or 'my 5k hatched' etc. you get the gist. Then it was a little bit 'meh' for a while in all honesty. However, over the last few weeks we have picked it up again and I am loving it! Obviously you don't bump into as many people playing it, especially as neither of us live in, or even near a big city, but it is a fun way to get out of the house.
It was Dale who picked it up first so he can catch Pokemon on his way too and from work, giving him something to do to relieve the boredom. Then I had serious Pokemon FOMO and jumped on the bandwagon as well.
Today, we have had a nice walk around a local country park in the sunshine and taken two gyms and completed a Machamp raid! We were actually really lucky in that after attempt two of the raid, at which point I had depleted my potion supplies pretty significantly, a guy and his daughter came up to us and were like 'Are you doing this raid?'. I thought Pokemon Go players were pretty rare these days, so we were both made up we had a couple of extra people to help! And we all caught it, good luck all round. Oh and on my way home, I didn't have to stop at a single traffic light (sidebar) so the universe is clearly on my side today.
I am glad we have started playing again as it gets us out of the house and walking to catch those eggs!  I am currently working towards evolving my Bulbasaur, because he is the best starter Pokemon of course, so I shall let you know how that goes!

Byyyeeeeeeee

Comments

Popular Posts