Destiny 2: Eyes up Guardian

Image taken from battle.net



Last week, the long awaited Destiny 2 was released and it was everything I had hoped for. The story, don't worry this will be spoiler free, was captivating and thoroughly enjoyable. I played the first Destiny game, but admittedly I was late to the party having picked up the game just before the final expansion was released. 
Although I am not a hardcore Destiny player, I was super excited for the release of the sequel. This begs the question do you need to have played Destiny to fully appreciate Destiny 2? In my opinion, no, not at all. I think the game will hold up well with players new to the franchise as well as acknowledging returning players.
As I said I do not want to include any spoilers here, but as far as the story goes its gripping. Without revealing too much, your main enemy is the Cabal and shit has seriously gone down on the last city on earth. The cut scenes are visually stunning so I would recommend watching them on your first play through to get the full story, don't just rush it for that end game!
Bungie have made a few changes in the new game, nothing too drastic, mainly to make the game more focused around playing as a fire team and getting yourself into a clan. The game feels better adapted to both single players with the attention to detail in the story and online players because of the changes in the Crucible.
The Crucible, or the PvP area of Destiny, now has teams of 4v4 as opposed to the previous 6v6 which makes it easier to get yourself a fire team together, smash your enemies and earn some good loot. 
One change that I personally dislike is the change to shaders; in the previous Destiny, one shader applied to your whole armour set, which to me made sense as a lot of your armour would not match and this was a way to make you more aesthetically pleasing. Now shaders apply to a single item and are not finite meaning you need multiple shaders of the same type to make your armour look good.
Admittedly there is more room for customisation here, but like I said I personally don't like this change. 
I have yet to play the new Trials of the Nine or attempt the Leviathan Raid, but I will update when I eventually do. 
Overall, my experience of Destiny 2 has been a very good one; it has been a long time since I have been this hooked on a game. I find myself sat at my desk in work counting down the hours until I can get home and spend a few hours as a Guardian exploring.

10/10 would highly recommend playing this game. 


Comments

Popular Posts